Website Terms & Conditions
This website is operated by Polka Dot Creations. Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Polka Dot Creations. Polka Dot Creations offers this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here.
By visiting our site and/or purchasing something from us, you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”, “Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink. These Terms and Conditions apply to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/ or contributors of content.
- If you subscribe to our newsletter we may use your email address to send you information about products or services.
- You can opt out of these at any point and you can ask for personal data to stop being recorded at any time.
Cookies & Monitoring
- Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are essential to the operation of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookie – These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website.
- Functionality cookies – These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website.
- Targeting Cookies – These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed.
- We may monitor traffic to our site and collect the following information: The IP address of your computer. The referring website from which you have got to our website from.
- The reasons for this are: To make ongoing improvements to our website based on this data. To see our most popular sources of business.
All notices you send us must be sent to the contact details on this site. We may give notice to you at either the email or postal address you provide to us when making a purchase. (Notice will be deemed received and properly served 24 hours after an email is sent or three days after the date of posting of any letter.) In providing the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that the letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an email that the email was sent to the specified email address of the addressees.
Products and/or Services
1) For stationery orders, a 50% deposit is taken in order to secure the booking. This deposit is non refundable. If you want to cancel an order and work has already started on the stationery itself, then a further charge will be made for work undertaken to that point.
2) Due to the bespoke nature of our products and as some items are handmade there might be slight variations between each individual item – this is not a fault and is just a feature of handmade products.
3) Where an item such as a handmade/decorative paper becomes unavailable a similar material will be used in its place – we will always consult with the client first to make sure they are happy with the replacement.
4) We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours and images of our products that appear in the Shop and Galleries. We cannot guarantee that your computer monitor’s display of any colour will be accurate.
5) Copyright is retained by Polka Dot Creations on all designs and these must not be reproduced in any form without prior written permission from Polka Dot Creations.
6) For advertising purposes Polka Dot Creations reserves the right to use images of your stationery and by placing an order you agree to this term. We will always hide personal information such as address or contact details.
7) Polka Dot Creations cannot be held responsible for any spelling errors. A PDF proof is always sent to the client before printing and if any errors are not picked up until after stationery has been printed, then a further charge will be made to correct the items in question.
8) All stationery can be either collected from Polka Dot Creations (Branston, Lincoln) or can be posted and a delivery charge will be made and added to the final invoice.
9) Polka Dot Creations cannot be held responsible for any damage incurred to items once the package leaves our premises or during posting of individual items (i.e. when invitations are posted to your guests). We will package the items very securely to avoid any damage.
10) We often recycle packaging/boxes etc. This is for environmental reasons and also to keep postage costs to the client as low as possible.
11) We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our Products or Services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any products or services that we offer.
12) All descriptions of products or product pricing are subject to change at any time without notice, at the sole discretion of us. We reserve the right to discontinue any product at any time.
Purchase (eCommerce) Right to Cancel
You have the right to cancel the purchase of non-personalised goods without having to give a reason at any time within the “cooling off period” of seven working days, beginning on the day after you receive the goods.
If you are in possession of the goods you are under the duty to retain them and take reasonable care of them. You must send the goods back to us to our contact address at your own cost (unless we delivered the item to you in error or the item is damaged or defective) as soon as possible once you have cancelled the contract.
We reserve the right to make a charge not exceeding our direct costs of recovering the goods if you do not return the goods or return them at our expense.
Once you have notified us that you wish to cancel the contract, any sum debited to us will be refunded to you as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your cancellation. You will not have any right to cancel a purchase for the supply of any of the following goods:
- For the supply of goods made to your specifications or clearly personalised or which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly
- For digital downloads
In the event that you are not satisfied with the item received, and the item is not personalised, please contact us in the first instance to communicate your intention to return and we will advise the best course of action for returning. If the item is personalised then we do not accept returns, unless the item is faulty – please contact us straight away if you have found any faults with our products.
For stationery orders where you pay a 50% deposit: if you would like to cancel an order after the 50% deposit has been paid, then generally, depending on circumstances this deposit is not refundable. If you want to cancel and work has already started on the stationery itself, then a further charge may be made for work undertaken to that point.
Changes To Terms and Conditions
You can review the most current version of the Terms and Conditions at any time at this page.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of these Terms and Conditions by posting updates and changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check our website periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to our website or the Service following the posting of any changes to these Terms and Conditions constitutes acceptance of those changes.